The hardest thing can be 1) Finding the time 2) Putting pen to paper. There’s nothing worse than staring at a blank piece of paper, worrying that you can’t spell. Not all writers are spelling bees. So grab your note book, iPad, tablet, phone whatever the tools of your trade. Create a review and send over to Doncopolitan@gmail.com.
You never know you might seen in published in a future issue…
Need a few more tips? Here’s a few more pointers….
- Describe the event/performance venue/location/atmosphere
- Describe the artist/performer, and the promoter/curator/group behind it
- Make comparisons with other performances/acts (e.g. for music review, compare to other bands/musicians)
- Crowd response/reception
- Mention similar upcoming events
- Be honest but constructive – what was good and what could have been better?
- Why is this review is important to Doncaster and, if relevant, why is it important to the country or world as a whole?
- Create a short punchy title that will draw in the reader.
- Include your social media contacts if you’re into that shizz.
- Each review is 300 words, please don’t go over.
All you’ve got to do it email email@example.com
It’s as easy as that.