We are looking forward to travelling back in time 100 years on Sunday 23rd July 11am – 4pm with Doncaster 1914–18 project at their ‘Life on the Home Front Day’ at Cusworth Hall. This event is FREE and family friendly, so little Doncolites are very welcome.
Come and see what life was like on Doncaster’s Home Front in 1917, with living history recreations, the chance to try out costumes and crafts, taste wartime food or visit a pop-up farm and traditional fairground.
– First World War Training camp
– Pickling demonstration by the WI
– Funfair with swing boats
– Miniature farm hosted by Land Girls
– Craft activities
– First World War baking (with free samples, see photo above!)
– Dressing up costumes
– The Great War on Tour pop-up museum
– Horseback demonstrations
– Free medical checks
– Music throughout the day
– And much more!